Soon, TVEnthusiast will be launching a weekly newsletter filled with easily digestible content ranging from episode impressions to news to a schedule of upcoming shows. Though it is not yet an actual newsletter, nor does it have a true name yet, we are experimenting with it as a weekly article that will eventually turn into a newsletter.
Without further ado, here is the second issue of our yet to be titled newsletter.
- Apple has ordered 10 half hour episodes of a new series from Director M. Night Shyamalan (The Sixth Sense), the yet to be titled series will be run by Tony Basgallop (24: Legacy), with Shyamalan set to direct the pilot.
- Graeme Manson (Orphan Black) is set to run TNT’s Snowpiercer TV series.
- Lauren S. Hissrich, Showrunner for Netflix’s adaptation of The Witcher has confirmed that the first draft of their pilot episode has been submitted to Netflix.
- Josh Stewart (Shooter), Floriana Lima (Supergirl), and Giorgia Whigham (Scream) have been added to the cast of Mavel’s The Punisher‘s second season.
- The Magicians has been renewed for a 4th season by SyFy.
- Black Mirror has been renewed for a 5th season by Netflix.
- Travelers has been renewed for a 3rd season by Netflix and Showcase.
- Netflix CFO David Wells has stated that the streaming service is spending upwards of $8 billion on original content in 2018, with around 700 original series and movies.
- Blumhouse and Sundance TV partnering a true crime docu-series No One Saw a Thing.
- Production has started on Sam Esmail’s (Mr. Robot) adaptation of the podcast Homecoming for Amazon, about a soldier tied up in a conspiracy involving a caseworker at a secret government facility.
- Toby Kebbell (Black Mirror) has been cast as the lead in ABC’s drama series Salvage, about an ex-cop drawn intoa murder connected to a treasure hunt.
- John Magaro (The Big Short) has been cast in Netflix’s comic book adaptation, The Umbrella Academy.
- Joey King (Fargo) and Freddie Stroma (UnReal) have been cast as the leads in The CW’s Dead Inside, a supernatural police drama about a beat cop who begins seeing the ghost of her dead brother, a top officer.
- Netflix has picked up the animated adaptation of Max Brallier’s The Last Kids on Earth.
- Taito Okiura, Netflix‘s Director of anime, has stated that the streaming giant will be developing 30 new anime series and movies.
- James Roday (Psych) has joined the cast of ABC’s A Million Little Things in one of the ensemble series’ lead roles.
- Terry Pratchett’s Discworld series is being adapted by BBC Studios as a 6 part series titled The Watch.
- Jessica Alba (Sin City) has joined the cast, as the second lead, alongside Gabrielle Union, of the Bad Boys spin-off series at NBC.
- Maya Hawke (Little Women) has joined Stranger Things 3 as one of the season’s new leads, with Lucas’ little sister, portrayed by Priah Ferguson, upped to a recurring role in the series.
- Ron Howard has revealed that he has begun voice over narration for season 5 of Arrested Development.
- Yann Demange (Dead Set) has signed on to direct the first episode of HBO’s adaptation of Matt Ruff’s Lovecraft Country, which is being produced by Jordan Peele (Get Out) and J.J. Abrams (LOST)
- BET has uploaded their 6-part 2010 Black Panther animated series to Youtube, with no regional restrictions.
Marvel’s Cloak and Dagger – Promo Spot – Freeform
Yellowstone – Exclusive Teaser – Paramount
Wild Wild Country – Official Trailer – Netflix
Legion – Various Promos – FX
Cobra Kai – Sensei Johnny – Youtube Red
The Expanse – Season 3 Teaser – SyFy
Roseanne – Revival Trailer – ABC
House of Cards – Final Season Trailer – Netflix
Sweetbitter – Official Trailer – Starz
This week we launched our continually updated Spring 2018 TV preview.
For this week’s podcast Will and Tyson continue their ongoing coverage of SyFy’s The Magicians, and take a look at the most interesting shows from our recently published Spring TV preview.
Wednesday, March 7th, 2018
Hard Sun – Hulu
Hap and Leonard: The Two-Bear Mambo – Sundance
Life Sentence – The CW
Thursday, March 8th, 2018
The Oath – Crackle
Champions – NBC
Marvel’s Jessica Jones – Netflix
Friday, March 9th, 2018
Love – Netflix
Sneaky Pete – Amazon
Collateral – Netflix
Sunday, March 11th, 2018
Deception – ABC
Timeless – NBC
The Royals – E!
Monday, March 12th, 2018
Mary Kills People – Lifetime