Soon, TVEnthusiast will be launching a weekly newsletter filled with easily digestible content ranging from episode impressions to news to a schedule of upcoming shows. Though it is not yet an actual newsletter, nor does it have a true name yet, we are experimenting with it as a weekly article that will eventually turn into a newsletter.
Without further ado, here is the second issue of our yet to be titled newsletter.
- Nick Offerman (Parks and Recreation) has joined the cast of Amazon’s new adaptation of Good Omens, a book by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman. Offerman will be portraying the U.S. Ambassador, and father of a suspected Antichrist.
- Seth Rogen (Preacher) is developing an American remake of the British comedy series Plebs, a sitcom about ancient Rome.
- Jack Quaid (The Hunger Games) has taken one of the lead roles in Amazon’s new supernatural series The Boys, from Showrunner Eric Kripke (Supernatural), and Producers Evan Goldberg and Seth Rogen (Preacher).
- Amazon is working with some people behind Bojack Horseman on a new adult targeted animated series titled Undone. Rosa Salazar (The Maze Runner) is set to lead the voice cast in this series about a woman who discovers she can manipulate time, after she survives a life threatening car accident.
- Zach Galifianakis has confirmed that season 4 of Baskets is a go.
- Jon Favreau (Iron Man) has signed on to write and produce the recently announced Star Wars series for Disney’s yet to be revealed streaming platform.
- Krysten Ritter (Marvel’s Jessica Jones) has stated that she thinks a Defenders season 2 is unlikely.
- David Chase is developing a film prequel to his iconic series The Sopranos. The film, The Many Saints of Newark, will be set in the 60s, and focus on the rivalry between Italian and African American gangs.
- The BBC’s big budget adaptation of His Dark Materials has found a Director in Tom Hooper (The King’s Speech) and a Star in Dafne Keen (Logan). Lin-Manuel Miranda (Hamilton) is apparently close to signing on as well.
- Christopher Abbott (The Sinner) to take the lead role in George Clooney ( Up in the Air) and Hulu’s adaptation of Catch-22.
- Arvind Ethan David, Executive Producer of Dirk Gently’s Holistic Detective Agency has confirmed that the series, which had previously been cancelled by BBC America, but was being actively shopped around to other distributors, will not have a 3rd season.
Lost in Space – Official Trailer – Netflix
Legion – Season 2 Trailer – FX
Fear The Walking Dead – A New World to Fear – AMC
Vida – Red Band Trailer – Starz
A Series of Unfortunate Events – Season 2 Official Trailer – Netflix
The Santa Clarita Diet – Season 2 Official Trailer – Netflix
Cobra Kai – Sensei Daniel – Youtube Red
The Handmaid’s Tale – Season 2 Official Trailer – Hulu
The Expanse – Season 3 Official Trailer – SyFy
For this week’s podcast Will and Tyson continue their ongoing coverage of SyFy’s The Magicians, as well as catching up on the second half of The Tick‘s first season.
Monday, March 12th, 2018
Mary Kills People – Lifetime
Tuesday, March 13th, 2018
Rise – NBC
For the People – ABC
Friday, March 16th, 2018
Edha – Netflix
On My Block – Netflix
Wild Wild Country – Netflix
Sunday, March 18th, 2018
Instinct – CBS