Soon, TVEnthusiast will be launching a weekly newsletter filled with easily digestible content ranging from episode impressions to news to a schedule of upcoming shows. Though it is not yet an actual newsletter, nor does it have a true name yet, we are experimenting with it as a weekly article that will eventually turn into a newsletter.
Without further ado, here is the ninth issue of our yet to be titled newsletter.
- Apple‘s push into original content continues as they will now develop Isaac Asimov’s Foundation trilogy as a TV series. The series is being written by David S. Goyer (Krypton) and Josh Friedman (Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles), who will co-run the series if it is picked up.
- Phoebe Waller-Bridge (Fleabag) is spreading her influence on the medium of television with yet another new series in development at HBO. The series, titled Run, follows 2 ex-lovers who have an escape pact with each other if life ever got to hard for one or the other.
- USA Network has ordered 4 pilots to be made from the various projects they have in development. Treadstone, a series set in the universe of The Bourne Identity films, from Heroes creator Tim Kring. Briarpatch, which follows a female lead as she investigates the murder of her sister in her corrupt hometown. Dare Me, a series about competitive high school cheerleading. Lastly is Erase, which features Denis Leary (Sex & Drugs & Rock & Roll) as a corrupt ex-cop with a vendetta, a photographic memory, and early onset Alzheimer’s.
- Showtime has made a pilot commitment for an American remake of the British action/comedy series The Wrong Mans. Ben Schwartz (Parks and Recreation) will take on 1 of the 2 lead roles which were originally portrayed by James Corden and Matthew Baynton.
- In a brilliant stunt, Westworld Creators Jonathan Nolan and Lisa Joy trolled Reddit with the promise of a video spoiling the entire upcoming 2nd season. Instead they released this hilarious teaser.
- Lin-Manuel Miranda (Hamilton) will provide the voice of Gizmoduck in the recent Duck Tales remake, which moves from Disney XD to the Disney Channel with new episodes this may.
- Sacha Baron Cohen (Borat) has landed the lead role in Netflix’s new series The Spy, which recounts the real stories of Israeli Spy Eli Cohen.
- George Clooney (ER) has traded his role in Catch 22 for a smaller one with Kyle Chandler (Friday Night Lights) taking the original role.
- Netflix has made a full season order for V-Wars, based on the graphic novel of the same name. Ian Somerhalder (LOST) will take on the lead role.
- Comedian Tig Notaro (One Mississippi) will portray the guest role of Chief Engineer Denise Reno of the USS Hiawatha in season 2 of Star Trek: Discovery.
- HBO has renewed Barry and Silicon Valley, meanwhile Netflix has renewed On My Block and Jessica Jones, while Lost in Space Creators Burk Sharpless and Matt Sazama are working on season 2 of the series ahead of a renewal.
All Night – Official Teaser – Hulu
Picnic at Hanging Rock – Official Trailer – Amazon
Marvel’s Cloak & Dagger – Powers Arise – Freeform
Claws – Season 2 Promo – TNT
The Fourth Estate – Official Trailer – Showtime
Patrick Melrose – “Listen to the Silence” Teaser – Showtime
Bobby Kennedy for President – Official Trailer – Netflix
Busted! – “I Know Who You Are” Teaser – Netflix
You – Official Trailer – Lifetime
Dear White People – Vol. 2 “On the Issues” Teaser – Netflix
Duck Tales – Every Day in May Trailer – The Disney Channel
For this week’s podcast, Will and Tyson begin their discussion of Legion‘s second season by covering the first 2 episodes. Tyson also addresses the controversy over the recent reboot of Roseanne, and recommends the comedy series AP Bio.
Monday, April 16th, 2018
Supergirl – The CW
Tuesday, April 17th, 2018
The Chalet – Netflix
Thursday, April 19th, 2018
Charité – Netflix
Friday, April 20th, 2018
The Originals – The CW
Aggretsuko – Netflix
Spy Kids: Mission Critical – Netflix
Saturday, April 21st, 2018
The Letdown – Netflix
Sunday, April 22nd, 2018
Into the Badlands – AMC
Westworld – HBO